After every weekend retreat, attendees ask for recipes of all the fabulous food and treats served. In this first instalment a few summer smoothie recipes are on offer. Use any food processor that is strong enough to handle raw veggies and even ice cubes!
garden green smoothie
- 4 tbsp water
- 50g green seedless grapes
- 1 orange, peeled and cut
- 1/2 celery stick
- 1/2 small carrot, peeled and cut in half
- 1 green apple, cored and cut into quarters
- 1/2 courgette, cut into large chunks
- 50g romaine lettuce
- 70g kale, spine removed
- 1 handful of parsley leaves
- 2 handfuls of ice cubes
Put all the ingredients into the processor container in the order listed and blend for at least 40 seconds.
*Calories: 60, Total fat: 0g, Protein: 2g, Fibre: 3g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Sodium: 37mg, Cholesterol: 0mg
blackberry pear smoothie
- 240g yogurt of choice (ours is a coconut-based non-dairy yogurt!)
- 160ml water
- 2 bananas
- 1 pear, cut in half and cored
- 280g frozen blackberries
Put all the ingredients into the processor container in the order listed and blend for 1 minute.
*Calories: 142, Total Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Protein: 4g, Fibre: 6g, Carbohydrates: 31g, Sodium: 38mg, Cholesterol: 4mg
frozen strawberry grape smoothie
- 150g green seedless grapes
- 150g red seedless grapes
- 150g frozen strawberries
- 1 small handful of ice cubes
Put all the ingredients into the processor container in the order listed and blend for 30 seconds.
*Calories: 117, Total Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Protein: 0g, Fibre: 2g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Sodium: 17mg, Cholesterol: 0mg
*nutritional information per 240ml serving