In an interactive session with Kim, Exploring Shame & Finding Freedom, participants will be exploring one of the most common human emotions: shame. Through cultivating a safer space and using the power of community, we will have the opportunity to bring our shame to light and feel more choice and freedom around it. Every exercise will be fully invitational and you will be encouraged to be kind to yourself throughout our time together.
Here are some questions which we will delve into:
- What is shame and how does it show up in our lives?
- How does shame play out with money, sexuality and our desires?
- How does shame serve us and what are its uses?
- How do we communicate feelings of shame?
- What does freedom from shame look like and what steps can we take to move towards this?
In a second session with Amani, Unblock & Heal, participants will learn about the sacral chakra and how it relates to creativity and desire. Through movement, breath and meditation, participants will have the opportunity to gently explore the physical manifestations of what was discussed in the first session as well as begin to bring healing to any discomfort that may have been revealed in the workshop.
On this urban retreat places are reserved for Black women and women of colour.
No experience is required; all levels are welcome!